The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has announced that 10 live action short films will advance in the voting process for the 89th Academy Awards. One hundred thirty-seven pictures had originally qualified in the category.
The 10 films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production companies:
- “Bon Voyage,” Marc Wilkins, director, and Joël Jent, producer (Dschoint Ventschr Filmproduction)
- “Ennemis Intérieurs,” Sélim Azzazi, director (Qualia Films)
- “Graffiti,” Lluis Quilez, director (Participant Media, Euphoria Productions and Ainur Films)
- “La Femme et le TGV,” Timo von Gunten, director (arbel gmbh)
- “Nocturne in Black,” Jimmy Keyrouz, director (Columbia University)
- “The Rifle, the Jackal, the Wolf and the Boy,” Oualid Mouaness, director (Tricycle Logic)
- “Silent Nights,” Aske Bang, director, and Kim Magnusson, producer (M & M Productions)
- “Sing (Mindenki),” Kristof Deák, director (Meteor Filmstudio)
- “Timecode,” Juanjo Giménez, director (Nadir Films)
- “The Way of Tea (Les Frémissements du Thé),” Marc Fouchard, director, and Matthieu Devillers, producer (Existenz, BlackBox and P904)
Members of the Short Films and Feature Animation Branch viewed all the eligible entries for the preliminary round of voting.
[ Also Read: 10 Animated Shorts Advance in 2016 Oscar Race ]
Short Films and Feature Animation Branch members will now select five nominees from among the 10 titles on the shortlist. Branch screenings will be held in Los Angeles, London, New York and San Francisco in December.
Nominations for the 89th Oscars will be announced on Tuesday, January 24, 2017.
The 89th Oscars will be held on Sunday, February 26, 2017, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center in Hollywood, and will be televised live on the ABC Television Network at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT.
The Oscars also will be televised live in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide.
Photo courtesy: Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences