The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has announced that the field of Documentary Short Subject contenders for the 89th Academy Awards has been narrowed to 10 films, of which 5 will earn Oscar nominations.
Voters from the Academy’s Documentary Branch viewed this year’s 61 eligible entries and submitted their ballots to PricewaterhouseCoopers for tabulation.
[ How to Advertise and Market Your Brands ]
The 10 films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production companies:
- “Brillo Box (3¢ Off),” Brillo Box Documentary
- “Close Ties,” Munk Studio – Polish Filmmakers Association
- “Extremis,” f/8 Filmworks in association with Motto Pictures
- “4.1 Miles,” University of California, Berkeley
- “Frame 394,” Compy Films
- “Joe’s Violin,” Lucky Two Productions
- “The Mute’s House,” The Jerusalem Sam Spiegel Film School
- “The Other Side of Home,” Feeln
- “Watani: My Homeland,” ITN Productions
- “The White Helmets,” Grain Media and Violet Films
Nominations for the 89th Oscars will be announced on Tuesday, January 24, 2017.
The 89th Oscars will be held on Sunday, February 26, 2017, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center in Hollywood, and will be televised live on the ABC Television Network at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT.
The Oscars also will be televised live in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide.