Movie data researcher comScore announced Sunday the official worldwide weekend box office estimates for the weekend of May 6, 2018, as compiled by the company’s theatrical measurement services.
As a provider of real-time box office reporting, comScore claims it is the only theater-level movie measurement and analytics company providing insights across the world’s largest markets, covering 95 percent of the global industry gross.
Using comScore’s suite of movie products, customers are able to analyze admissions and gross results from around the world, the company says.
According to comScore, Avengers: Infinity War, a superhero film based on Marvel Comics superhero team called the Avengers, has collected over $1 billion (approximately Rs. 6,700 crore) at the global box office. The film is produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
“A second weekend of $275.1 million and a record 11-day sprint to $1 billion worldwide for Disney/Marvel’s mega-hit ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ shows the power of a great popcorn movie to generate massive movie-going enthusiasm across the globe and with China yet to open, the film will continue to climb to even greater box office heights,” said comScore’s senior media analyst Paul Dergarabedian.
The top 12 worldwide weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, May 6, are below.
1. Avengers: Infinity War – Disney – $275.1M
2. Us And Them (dir. Liu) – Multiple Chinese Distributors – $27.0M
3. Rampage – Warner Bros. – $18.3M
4. Overboard – Lionsgate – $14.8M
5. Quiet Place, A – Paramount Pictures – $11.7M
6. A or B – Multiple – $11.1M
7. I Feel Pretty – Multiple – $8.1M
8. Baahubali: The Conclusion (Hindi) – China Film Co. – $7.9M
9. Ready Player One – Warner Bros. – $7.6M
10. Blumhouse’s Truth Or Dare – Universal – $7.6M
11. Champion – Warner Bros. – $5.5M
12. Black Panther – Disney – $3.5M
The top 12 domestic weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, May 6, are below.
1. Avengers: Infinity War – Disney – $112.5M
2. Overboard – Lionsgate – $14.8M
3. Quiet Place, A – Paramount – $7.6M
4. I Feel Pretty – STX Entertainment – $4.9M
5. Rampage – Warner Bros. – $4.6M
6. Tully – Focus Features – $3.2M
7. Black Panther – Disney – $3.1M
8. Blumhouse’s Truth Or Dare – Universal – $1.9M
9. Super Troopers 2 – 20th Century Fox – $1.8M
10. Bad Samaritan – Vertical Entertainment – $1.8M
11. Blockers – Universal – $1.7M
12. Ready Player One – Warner Bros. – $1.3M
Movie ranking content is produced and/or compiled by comScore and its Box Office Essentials and International Box Office Essentials data collection and analytical services.
comScore is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior.
Photo / Video courtesy: Marvel Studios