The Other Woman of 20th Century Fox earned $24.7 million in the U.S. box office to beat Captain America: The Winter Soldier for the week ended April 27.
Movies performance measurement company Rentrak Corporation (NASDAQ: RENT) announced Sunday the worldwide weekend box office estimates for the weekend of April 27, 2014.
The data is compiled by the company’s Box Office Essentials and International Box Office Essentials theatrical measurement services.
[ Also Read: Academy to Deconstruct Oscar-Winning Film Gravity ]
“Super Heroes rule the world as Sony’s ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’ earns $67.2 million in its second weekend of release, bringing the overseas total to $132.0 million,” said Rentrak’s senior media analyst Paul Dergarabedian.
“Meanwhile Disney/Marvel’s ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ with $645 million to date has surpassed the global total of ‘Iron Man 2’ and internationally the film has grossed $420M, including over $100 million from China.”
[ Also Visit: Robojit and the Sand Planet – The Story of the Future Universe ]
The top-12 domestic weekend box office estimates listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, April 27, 2014, are below.
1. Other Woman, The – 20th Century Fox – $24.7M
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier – Disney – $16.0M
3. Heaven Is For Real – Sony – $13.8M
4. Rio 2 – 20th Century Fox – $13.7M
5. Brick Mansions – Relativity Media – $9.6M
6. Transcendence – Warner Bros. – $4.1M
7. Quiet Ones, The – Lionsgate – $4.0M
8. Bears – Disney – $3.6M
9. Divergent – Lionsgate – $3.6M
10. Haunted House 2, A – Open Road – $3.3M
11. Draft Day – Lionsgate – $2.8M
12. Grand Budapest Hotel, The – Fox Searchlight – $2.5M
Rentrak (NASDAQ: RENT) is the entertainment and marketing industries’ leading provider of worldwide consumer viewership information, measuring actual viewing behavior of movies and TV everywhere.
Photo courtesy: The Other Woman / 20th Century Fox