Mr. Peabody And Sherman of 20th Century Fox collected $21.2M during the weekend ended Sunday.
Rentrak Corporation (NASDAQ: RENT), which measures the performance of movies and TV shows, announced Sunday the worldwide weekend box office estimates for the weekend of March 16, 2014.
The estimates are compiled by the company’s Box Office Essentials and International Box Office Essentials theatrical measurement services.
“Disney’s “Need For Speed” revs up a first place finish at the global box office with an impressive $45.6 million in 40 international territories plus $17.8 million in North America for a combined worldwide total of $63.4 million, while Warner Bros.’ & Legendary Pictures’ “300: Rise of An Empire” continues to conquer the world with a massive global tally approaching $240 million,” said Rentrak’s senior media analyst Paul Dergarabedian.
According to Rentrak, the top-12 domestic weekend box office estimates listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, March 16, 2014, are below.
1. Mr. Peabody And Sherman – 20th Century Fox – $21.2M
2. 300: Rise Of An Empire – Warner Bros. – $19.1M
3. Need For Speed – Disney – $17.8M
4. Non-Stop – Universal – $10.6M
5. Tyler Perry’s The Single Moms Club – Lionsgate – $8.3M
6. Lego Movie, The – Warner Bros. – $7.7M
7. Son Of God – 20th Century Fox – $5.4M
8. Grand Budapest Hotel, The – Fox Searchlight – $3.6M
9. Frozen – Disney – $2.1M
10. Veronica Mars – Warner Bros. – $2.0M
11. Monuments Men – Sony – $2.0M
12. 3 Days To Kill – Relativity Media – $1.7M
Rentrak’s Box Office Essentials is the movie industry’s census-based currency, collecting, processing and reporting on how many people go to the movies and how much they spend in virtually every theater in North America.
Rentrak’s International Box Office Essentials collects and delivers box office results and attendance information from virtually every theater in developed and emerging markets around the world, reporting crucial box office grosses—including weekend results and estimates—in near real-time.
Rentrak (NASDAQ: RENT) is the entertainment and marketing industries’ leading provider of worldwide consumer viewership information, measuring actual viewing behavior of movies and TV everywhere.